It seems just like yesterday that…
OK, I’m bored already.
So on to the matter at hand. I’m turning 50, you see, and it’s brilliant. I’d love you to come and help me celebrate with a great weekend at Roses Gap, in The Grampians. Roses Gap is one of my favourite places, for its wonderful vibe, its gorgeous people, and its sheer beauty. I’ve spent many happy days there, and now I want to spend a couple more of them with you.
When: Saturday 10th September to Sunday 11th September
Where: 1006 Roses Gap Road Roses Gap (via Dadswells Bridge) Victoria (Want a map? Here you go.)
RSVP: Wednesday 17th August. Ring or text Shane on 0450-291-561, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s a camp, so it won’t be a weekend of glamour, but it will be a weekend of love and friendship, walks, food, music, and lots of talking. There may even be rides on the flying fox or the giant swing (not personally – I’ll be the one at the bottom pointing up at you and laughing).
IMPORTANT – We’ve had lots of people asking, so I’m putting it in BOLD now: we are taking care of the accommodation and food (other than snacks – see below). This means we’re booking out the camp! Unless you want to go a day or two before Saturday, you don’t need to do anything, or pay anything: just bring your awesome self along.
What we’re doing
– Arrive anytime from 10am
– Lunch 1ish
– Hang, rides on the flying fox and giant swing, and do whatever
– Dinner 7ish
– Hang out and do whatever
– Full brekkie 9ish
– Hang out some more
– Leave by 1pm
What to bring:
- Warm clothes and personal items
- Bedding (interstate people do NOT worry about this – we’ll bring some for you so you don’t have to worry about stuffing doonas into suitcases)
- Snacks (meals are taken care of but the bracing Grampians air stirs up the appetite)
- Boozy beverage of choice if you so desire